Do you have a innovative idea to help with flooding problems or water management? If so, the deadline to apply to the Idea Village Water Challenge for a chance to win up to $50,000 in seed capital for your business is TOMORROW!
The 2012 Water Challenge is a collaborative initiative of The Idea Village and the Greater New Orleans Foundation (GNOF) focused on nurturing entrepreneurs with high-growth ventures in the water industry. Going into its second year, a priority in 2012 will be innovative solutions to flood management, but all water-related entrepreneurs are welcome to apply. Last year, nanotechnology startup Nanofex won for its product to make the country’s groundwater cleaner.
So, what’s in it for me? The Idea Village will invite a select group of entrepreneurs with high-impact business ideas to receive six-months of customized technical assistance and a chance to pitch for $50,000 on Monday, March 12, 2012 during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week.
|All participating entrepreneurs will also gain access to a variety of resources, including:
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR): Receive intensive mentorship from seasoned entrepreneurs and management executives who will provide strategic consulting, coaching and resources to position participating Water Challenge ventures for growth.
- Networks:Receive access to a network of local and national investors, mentors and professional service providers.
- Capital:GNOF will award up to $50,000 in seed capital to one of the Water Challenge finalists on March 12, 2012, during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week.
- Exposure:The Idea Village has secured media coverage for entrepreneurs in Inc.com, Entrepreneur Magazine, Financial Times, The Daily Beast, Times-Picayune, CNBC, NPR, and Bloomberg TV.
- Education:Targeted training in the fundamentals of entrepreneurship through IDEAinstitute.
Interested entrepreneurs can apply before midnight CT on Friday, September 30, 2011.
TARGET ENTRPRENEURS FOR THE WATER CHALLENGE:
- For-profit venture located in the 9 Parish New Orleans Region: Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. John, St. Charles, Lafourche & Terrebonne.
- Venture is currently generating less than $1 million in annual revenue.
- Viable plan to generate sustainable and scalable revenue streams.
- Staff of 10 or fewer full time employees.
- Business contributes to a more financially and environmentally sustainable water industry.
- Entrepreneur possesses the ability to become an entrepreneurial role model for the water industry.
Again, the DEADLINE IS TOMORROW, so get your applications in!
The application process is open now at http://ideavillage.org. The deadline is Sept. 30.