The Gulf Coast Patent Association, based out of downtown New Orleans, has a mission of fostering an environment that promotes economic development through technological innovation. Their monthly meeting is an all-day event being held on October 19th from 10:30am to 7:00pm at the New Orleans BioInnovation Center.
The event will feature two panels, one for young professionals and students called curbing the brain drain – what can be done to keep talented graduates on the Gulf Coast? The other for companies called why do you hire intellectual property and other professionals and buy intellectual property and other professional services locally?
- Bob Foster — Business panelist — Entrepreneur, patentee, regional economic developer, Division Manager for www.Apogee.us, and Vice President/Contracts Liaison for www.Kits-inc.com.
- Joe Graben — Business panel moderator — Director of the University of Southern Mississippi’s Business and Innovation Assistance Center (USM/BIAC) located at the NASA Stennis Space Center in Hancock County, MS.
- Jenna N. Matheny — Brain Drain panelist — Licensing Associate in the Office of Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Development at Tulane University.
- Rahlyn Gossen – Brain Drain panelist — Rebar Interactive — Digital Strategy & Patient Recruitment for Clinical Trials
- Jessica Shahien – Brain Drain panelist — Executive Director 504ward