The Idea Village, the nonprofit business incubator known for hosting New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW), has kicked off its annual Entrepreneur Season, a nine month cycle of programs and events in town.
Entrepreneur Season will culminate March 11-18, 2016 with the 8th annual NOEW. The Idea Village has announced some new ideas for the 2016 season, including building on the momentum of last year by executing initiatives to scale local participation, while growing strategic, national networks.
“Since 2000, The Idea Village has worked to position New Orleans as the hub of entrepreneurship in the South,” said Tim Williamson, co-founder and CEO of The Idea Village. “For the 2016 Season, we’ve assembled world-class resources for anyone looking to start a business in New Orleans. In addition, we are expanding our offerings to ensure the whole community embraces the entrepreneurial mindset, and we will be inviting key national leaders to witness firsthand what makes New Orleans so special.”
The Idea Village will host its 2nd annual Entrepalooza, welcoming the start of the season, on Sunday, August 30th at the NOLA Brewing Tap Room.
Additionally, check out what’s new for the 2016 season and how to get involved below:
Attend innovative, NOEW-style events from September through December: New this year, we’ll be hosting keynote speeches, interactive learning opportunities, roundtables, networking events, and a few surprises leading up to New Orleans Entrepreneur Week. Stay tuned to @helloNOEW and www.NOEW.org for the full calendar roll-out.
Test an idea or tackle a pressing strategic challenge with experts: The Idea Village is offering 100 free, one-on-one strategy sessions for local startups. These 90-minute meetings are led by seasoned entrepreneurs and business experts. Applications are now open, learn more and apply.
Apply to our 2016 accelerator programs for high-growth entrepreneurs:
- IDEAx: A 12-week accelerator program for 5 local founders creating scalable businesses in New Orleans.Applications will open on July 15th.
- DIGITAL MEDIAx: A 12-week accelerator for 5 New Orleans-based founders with innovative digital information sharing concepts readily accessible on a mobile platform, hosted in partnership with NOLA Media Group. Applications will open on July 15th.
- ENERGYx: A 12-week accelerator program for 5 Louisiana-based oil and gas startups, hosted in partnership with theSoutheast Louisiana Entergy Initiative. Applications will open on July 15th.
- CAPITALx: A 10-week accelerator program for entrepreneurs who are actively seeking investments from local and national investors with pitch opportunities during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week. Participation is invitation-only.
Invite national networks to participate in the New Orleans entrepreneurial movement through the following initiatives:
- IDEAtours: A two-day program for national founders thinking about moving their new ventures to New Orleans.
- The Idea Village Investor Experience: A 24-hour, invitation-only experience for accredited investors during NOEW.
- The New Bienville Society: An invitation-only immersive experience during NOEW to encourage national leaders with an indelible emotional link to New Orleans to engage in its future.
- Connecting Communities: A summit engaging global entrepreneurial leaders during NOEW to share best practices, connect ecosystems, and position New Orleans as the hub of entrepreneurship in the South.
Mark your calendar for the 8th New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW), presented by IBERIABANK, March 11-18, 2016: NOEW is the annual business festival celebrating innovation, entrepreneurship, and advanced thinking in New Orleans.