As the 8th annual New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW) approaches, more and more speakers and events are being announced. On March 13, the half-day Food Innovation Summit will feature the fusion of old methods, current trends, and modern palates in the New Orleans food scene.
The Idea Village, producer of NOEW, has teamed up with My House NOLA, in partnership with French Market Coffee, the New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation, and Rouses Markets, for the upcoming event.
“Food is an integral piece of the New Orleans story and therefore an important part of the local entrepreneurial movement,” said Victoria Adams Phipps, Executive Producer of New Orleans Entrepreneur Week. “The Food InnovationSummit at NOEW is especially exciting because it marries old industry perspectives with new innovations, and we invite the entire community to join us and take part in the conversation.”
The Food Innovation Summit will bring together recognizable culinary figures alongside entrepreneurs for a packed agenda including opening remarks, a keynote, several panels, and wrapping up in a happy hour.
- Opening remarks from David Darragh, President and CEO of Reily Foods Company
- A keynote address by Chef John Besh highlighting how current methods and palates have fused with traditional New Orleans ingredients to create the modern New Orleans menu
- Real Estate Development in the Culinary World, a Fireside Chat with Jeff Schwartz, Executive Director of Broad Community Connections
- Small is the New Big, a panel on the burgeoning cottage industry in New Orleans moderated by Stephanie Jane Carter, Publisher and Editor of Edible New Orleans
- Lessons Learned from Bringing Modern Food and Dining Concepts to New Orleans, a special presentation from Simone Reggie, formerly of Good Eggs
- Barpreneurs, Craft Beer, and Distilleries, a panel with local, innovative alcohol entrepreneurs moderated by Ann Tunneman, Founder of Tales of the Cocktail
- Maker Tasting, a special happy hour featuring samples from local food and beverage innovators
NOEW is a eight-day business festival that has been dubbed the “Mardi Gras of entrepreneurship.” For more information, the full lineup, or to register, visit noew.org.