This Wednesday during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW), Uber is offering a chance for users of the app to request a free 15-minute ride with investors and business thought leaders.
UberMENTOR will be available only through the Uber app, from 12:00 – 2:30pm on March 16.
Individuals who connect with an UberMENTOR ride will be randomly matched with a participating mentor and picked up and dropped off at the same location curbside.
“Every day at Uber we help people move through their cities more safely and efficiently, while also creating a unique opportunity for people to connect along the way. With UberMENTOR, we are excited to bring local entrepreneurs and mentors together through the Uber app,” said Thomas Maguire, General Manager of Uber New Orleans.
Participating mentors include:
- Jenny Blake, Business Strategist, Author of Pivot Method and Former Career Development Manager at Google
- Mike DeBoer, Chief Information Officer, Digital Solutions Technology Center, GE
- Daryn Dodson, Venture Consultant at Calvert Funds
- Michael Eckert, Chairman of the NO/LA Angel Network and Founding Member of The Weather Channel/Weather.com
- Lauren LeBlanc, Founder and CEO of Fleurty Girl
- Chris Masingill, Federal Co-Chairman of the Delta Regional Authority
- Dann Schwartz, Serial Entrepreneur and Board Member of the NO/LA Angel Network
- Sara Thomas, Principal at Maven Ventures
Find out more about NOEW and the rest of the events at noew.org.