The Idea Village, producers of New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW), have announced a record-breaking year for the 8th annual event. NOEW engaged 13,216 entrepreneurs, investors, professionals, students, and community members through 119 events.
Steve Case, co-founder of AOL, spoke at NOEW and recognized the strengthening entrepreneurial ecosystem in New Orleans. “I think New Orleans is poised to re-emerge as one of the great startup cities in the country.”
Key highlights from the eight-day festival of innovation and entrepreneurship include:
- 14 Summits dedicated to industries, population segments, and topics important to New Orleans’ future were hosted
- 127+ thought leaders spoke
- 55 organizations leveraged the conference platform to host events
- 19 national venture capital firms were represented
- $648,430 in cash and in-kind resources was awarded to entrepreneurs across 21 different showcase events
From March 11-18, 2016, startups across sectors such as technology, water, education, energy, healthcare, and food were showcased.
Mayor Mitch Landrieu said, “New Orleans Entrepreneur Week remains a valuable asset for our city’s future. As we prepare for our 300th anniversary in 2018, NOEW will serve as a critical partner for increasing civic innovation and advancing opportunity for our residents.”