Located at at LSU Innovation Park, the Louisiana Business & Technology Center (LBTC) has been around for 29 years supporting entrepreneurs in the Baton Rouge region.
“We’re thrilled to celebrate our 29th year of igniting Louisiana’s economy and honoring the innovative companies and students that helped make it happen. The LBTC supports small business growth and survival through promoting creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all business activities. These award winners tonight exemplify outstanding Louisiana-grown talent, ambition and entrepreneurship,” said LBTC Founder and Executive Director Charles D’Agostino.
LBTC is one of five business incubators at the LSU Innovation Park along with the LBTC Student Incubator, Pennington BioTech Initiative, the Louisiana Emerging Technology Center and the LSU AgCenter Food Incubator. Since launching in 1988, the Center has assisted client companies in raising more than $169 million in equity and investments.
As part of the anniversary celebration, the Center recognized current and graduate companies for their work in Baton Rouge.
The 2017 award winners include:
- LBTC Tenant of the Year – Lubricity Labs
- LBTC Graduate of the Year – General Informatics
- Student Incubator Company of the Year – Performance Mods
- Student Incubator Graduate of the Year – United Aerial, LLC
- SBIR Client of the Year – Bascom Hunter Technologies, Inc.
- ProtoStripes Client of the Year – Cellcontrol
- MBA Graduate Student of the Year – Will Bullock
- Courtlyn M. Bonaventure Student Worker of the Year – Lindsey Schexnayder
- LBTC Intern of the Year – Van Le
- Innovation Park/ LBTC Advocate of the Year – Martin Walke, LPFA
For more information about LBTC, visit lsu.edu/innovationpark.
This article is brought to you by Ragusa Consulting and Pollo Con Leche, sponsors of the Silicon Bayou Startup Showcase at the Shop.