Ten entrepreneurs have made it to the semi-final round, which will take place on Wednesday, May 23 at the Propeller headquarters. The best food pitch will be awarded $5,000 and another $5,000 to the best health pitch.
Meet the semi-finalists below:
- Ascent Blends educates customers about healthy habits while making delicious, organic wellness blends accessible to all.
- La Vie en Rose is a locally-owned café inspired by family traditions and Creole heritage.
- Ms Beasley is a food truck that provides healthy plant-based options for consumers, offers healthy cooking workshops, and supports community partners to improve health for New Orleanians.
- Okra Abbey is a giving garden that grows fruit and vegetables and shares free community meals for food insecure individuals in New Orleans.
- Repurpose Food Co. rescues food waste to create healthy baby food for low-income communities of color.
- Footprints to Fitness is a health and wellness company whose mission is to help others live a fun and balanced life, while staying true to New Orleans culture.
- Gienetix provides innovative products that remove harmful plaque and bacteria dental care products to tackle periodontal disease and the systemic health issues they cause. innovative oral hygiene products to revolutionize the standards of oral care.
- Moebius Art Therapy is a mental health clinic seeking to open its doors in New Orleans that uses Virtual Reality and New Media technology to help people combat depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
- Saul’s Light helps New Orleans families navigate the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) journey by providing non-medical, financial assistance and supports them through the trauma of infant loss by offering mental health-based services.
- Stop and Block provides automated single-serve sunscreen at highly-trafficked outdoor locations across New Orleans to prevent unprotected exposure to the sun.