BlackTech Week is an immersive week long series of events that brings together the most innovative young minds, creative influences and thought leaders of color. The organizers are hitting the road and bringing their celebration to New Orleans.
BlackTech Weekend NOLA is designed to connect black innovators and entrepreneurs in tech, media, and other industries for a daylong event on July 5, the beginning of Essence Festival weekend.
The event features a full day of programming, including everything from a panel celebrating black women in tech to an intro session about building black wealth.
A few of the confirmed speakers are:
- Anastasia Wright – VP of Digital Strategy for Janet Jackson & Founder/Owner, IMG Way
- Ariel Lopez, Career Coach & Founder, 2020 Shift
- Felecia Hatcher, Cofounder, BlackTech Week
- Jaia Thomas, Attorney & Board Member, LA Black Investors Club
- Janice Omadeke, Founder, The Mentor Method
- Julian Mitchell, Host Get Paid To Be Yourself Live, Writer (Forbes, Beats By Dre)
- Netta Jenkins, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, IAC Applications
- Sevetri Wilson, Founder, ExemptMe Now
- Tiffanie Stanard, Founder, Stimulus
The organizers plan to announce more speakers and keynotes as the event gets closer. Find out more about the schedule and purchase tickets here.