The South Broad Business Initiative is a free program designed to provide neighborhood business owners of color in New Orleans with support, resources, and professional expertise to help them grow their businesses.
Led by local non-profit Propeller: A Force For Social Innovation, the program offers free workspace, mentorship, and assistance with marketing, financials, taxes, legal assistance, and technology updates.
Seven businesses have been selected for the initial cohort. Participating businesses are located in or in the process of relocating to the Broadmoor-Hoffman-Triangle-Zion City-B.W. Cooper neighborhood area.
Each of the entrepreneurs is working to bring services, job, and equitable economic development to the neighborhood. The businesses include:
- A Priority One Rental Car – James Washington Sr., James Washington Jr.
- Chef D’z Café – Donald Smith
- Emerald Service – Tyshaundra Davis
- Nola Organic Spa – Priscilla Fontenberry
- The Lipstiq Lady Cosmetics – Tara Simmons
- Umoja Visions – Beverly Smith
- We Bleed Ink – Trevon Sansom
The South Broad Business Initiative is also working with entrepreneurs on short-term projects, providing up to ten hours of free work in marketing, finance, or branding. Apply here by September 23 to be considered.