Everywhere I look there seems to be progress, expansion, and growth and it is exciting to be a part of it. Entrepreneurs here come from diverse backgrounds and the ideas being generated are quite unique. Let’s take a look at some of the recent accomplishments Baton Rouge entrepreneurs and supporting organizations have made:
- Startup Weekend, hosted by Wendy Overton at LSU, was a huge hit with over 50 people attending. A company called Relevent took home 1st place while 300seats took runner up. 300seats,the tech-powered cultural hub that delivers and fosters film, creative and performance art, is having a launch party on June 11th at the Kress Building. Both entrepreneurs received free space in the new EHQ.
- Entrepreneur Headquarters (EHQ) recently opened at Perkins Rowe as a co-working space for area entrepreneurs. EHQ has announced they are pursuing a second location in downtown BR.
- LSU’s LBTC launched a Student Incubator in Fall 2010 for LSU student entrepreneurs to access 24 hours a day. Students have access to expensive office space, brand new equipment and free consultation.
- With over 380 members, the SeNSE entrepreneur group will be entering its 3rd year of growth in September. To date, SeNSE has hosted 25 entrepreneurs at 9 Pitch Nights across every part of Baton Rouge.
- Social gifting platform GiftMeo, LLC was recently created by LSU alumnus Michael Angle and LSU senior Martin Roth. In late 2010 they raised over $300K in seed capital. The Beta launch will be happening this summer.
Next Thursday we will publish 5 more accomplishments recently made by the Baton Rouge entrepreneur scene! If there is anything we missed please let us know.