Zydeco Media is a New Orleans-based startup that aims to provide social media advertising and promotion to restaurants, initially in New Orleans, Dallas and Houston. Zydeco Media leverages social listening and engagement software to interact with restaurant guests before and after their real life dining experience. In doing so, they help restaurants fill more seats, encourage loyalty and referrals and manage their brand reputation online.
They are also hiring in New Orleans! See full job post below:
Position: Web Developer-Designer
Reports To: President
The Web Developer-Designer is responsible for the development and design of major and minor Web applications and components for internal and external users, predominantly supporting social media applications. The developer will design, develop, test and deliver web sites, social media pages, applications and components. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to insure the success of the projects. The developer will have the ability to create web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment. They will be required to have experience in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies such as, but not limited to, Java and ColdFusion.
In addition, this person will serve as a community manager in New Orleans to build, grow and manage a thriving restaurant community through social media.
Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
Since we are a startup, work location could include “work anywhere” from home initially, but will evolve to working at our offices as we grow into the need for office space. Limited travel may be required.
- Operates effectively and creatively when requirements aren’t absolute or always 100% clearly defined.
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements/fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Responsible for the development of web applications and components.
- Responsible for the design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Experience in developing websites and/or web applications. Minimum of 2 years of web design and development experience is required.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Front-end and some back-end development experience. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following (but not limited to): Java Server Pages and Java, XML, PHP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, ColdFusion Server, CFML, CFScript, IIS, Windows Server environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- BS / BA university degree preferred but not required.
- Photography and graphic arts skills preferred but not required.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to Tripp.Payne@zydecomedia.com.