91. Austin Lavin
Austin moved to New Orleans a few years ago and has already had a big impact on the local start-up scene. He led the launch of WorkNOLA.com, which quickly became one of the city’s most popular job boards, and also assisted in GNO Inc’s acquisition of the site earlier this year. Austin moved on to FedSample, where he was the company’s 4th employee. His most recent gig is head of marketing for Corporate Realty, one of the top real estate brokerages in the state. On LinkedIn. On Twitter.
92. Kyle Johnston
As the assistant general counsel of Globalstar, Kyle advises one of Louisiana’s high profile tech companies every day. When he moved to Covington from Silicon Valley, Kyle brought back an extensive network and helped the bridge the gap between Silicon Bayou and the Valley. Kyle also founded a medical device distributorship that operates throughout Louisiana and mentors a number of startups in the region. On LinkedIn. On Twitter.
93. H. Jude Boudreaux
Jude Boudreaux is a Certified Financial Planner with over eleven years of experience. Outside of his work outlining the financial future of many local entrepreneurs through his company Upperline Financial Planning, Jude is also a previous board member of the Young Leadership Council and an Adjunct Professor at Loyola University in New Orleans. On LinkedIn. On Twitter.
94. Shawn Burst
Shawn Burst took his knowledge in direct mail marketing to the next level to create Dukky, an innovative platform for landing pages and internet marketing. Shawn remains on board as the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Dukky. On Linkedin. On Twitter.
95. Phyllis Cassidy
Phyllis was the President at First Capital Life Insurance Company for thirteen years before taking on the role of Executive Director of the Good Work Network. The Good Work Network provides development, educational, and coaching services to small businesses. On LinkedIn.
96. Jay Jayakrishnan
Jay is the founder of PourLiving.com, a daily-deal site for nightlife and drink specials. Launched in August, they are retooling and looking to expand into other cities. Jay also works at the South Coast Angel Fund as a due diligence analyst for prospective investments. On LinkedIn.
97. Rod Miller
As the first CEO of the NOLA Business Alliance, Rod has been instrumental in moving the ball forward on economic development in New Orleans. His focus on digital has helped the startup scene, including the recent launch of NODE (New Orleans Digital Entertainment). On LinkedIn. On Twitter.
98. Pike Barkerding
Pike is the Founder and CEO of Bideo an online auction house where users can protect and sell the exclusive rights of newsworthy images to publications in a bidding system. As a graduate of the Idea Village, Bideo is democratizing the distribution of media. On LinkedIn.
99. Katie VanDyk
Katie is the CEO and founder of Rushease.com, a web application that simplifies and organizes Greek Recruitment. Katie won the University of Georgia Business plan competition and has since raised angel money to bring Rushease to the next level. On LinkedIn. On Twitter.
100. Court Robinson
As the President of the Tulane Entrepreneurs Association, Court is responsible for all the TEA activities and programs, including the $50,000 Business Plan Competition (more about that here). Court has also led other successful initiatives to promote the startup community including PitchNOLA and MatchNOLA, a program designed to pair startups with Tulane MBAs. On LinkedIn.
Support our sponsors:
- Launch Pad is the premier co-working space in New Orleans with a variety of options to meet your workspace needs. Follow @launchpad on twitter and check them out in the IP Building!
- VoteIt, recently featured in TechCrunch, is making group decisions easy with a groundbreaking new web platform. Sign up for their Beta and follow them on twitter: @LetsVoteIt!
- Flatstack is a development firm dually based in New Orleans and Kazan, Russia. The @Flatstack team works primarily in Ruby and if you can dream it up, they can build it for the web.
- The Idea Village is a non-profit organization that has been helping entrepreneurs succeed in New Orleans for over 10 years. Follow @IdeaVillage on twitter to see them in action!
- Baker Donelson provides top notch legal services across more than 30 practice areas including Business Technology, Intellectual Property, and Emerging Companies. With offices in New Orleans, Mandeville, and Baton Rouge they are the #1 source for entrepreneurial law. Follow them @Baker_Donelson.