As part of the 4-Region eWARDS tour, the Louisiana Technology Council (LTC) recently announced the winners of the Shreveport/Bossier sector. eWARDS is now a statewide cooperative program designed to recognize technology achievements from regions (four in total) across the State. This year’s eWARDS were previously written about here.
eWARDS celebrates the innovation and achievement for those in Louisiana who have had a positive impact in technology over the past year. The winners from each region will compete for the Governors’ Technology Awards.
Shreveport eWARDS Winners:
- John Miralles, MFA Director of Animation Visual Services, LSU Shreveport (Technology Educator of the Year)
- Pam Varnado, Loyola College Prep (Technology Educator of the Year)
- Dr. Erez Allouche, Louisiana Tech University – Geopolymer Concrete (Technology Product of the Year)
- Twin Engine Labs (Growth Company/Organization of the Year)
- Praeses – Nuclear Enterprise Tracking System (Best Application of Technology)
- WaLa Inc. – Big Data Platform (Coup d’Tech)
Others regions participating this year include Lafayette, Baton Rouge and New Orleans respectively. The only remaining open application for the eWARDS are for New Orleans, due May 29th, 2012 by noon.