A Symposium will be held on January 16, 2013 from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm to educate executives about the opportunity to use state tax credits to fuel job creation and offset tax liability. The event is held at the Louisiana Immersive Technologies Enterprise (LITE) in Lafayette and hosted by the Lafayette Economic Development Authority and Opportunity Machine, both of which work to expand businesses in Lafayette.
“Tax credits offer a unique way for businesses to generate capital without sacrificing equity,” said Clay Allen, Managing Partner, Allen & Gooch, a sponsor for the Symposium. “Whether you are a start-up firm trying to get your product off the ground, an established local business looking to expand, or an out-of-state company considering a relocation, Louisiana tax credits are a powerful economic tool to help reach your goals.”
Topics to be covered during the half-day session include:
- Overview of the tax credit landscape in Louisiana
- The legal landscape around tax credits
- Who is eligible to apply for tax credits
- The new, transparent marketplace for the trading of credits
- Case studies on the positive economic impact tax credits have had on Louisiana businesses
Confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Mike Olivier, former secretary of Economic Development for Louisiana and CEO of the Louisiana Committee of 100 for Economic Development, Inc.
- Sherri McConnell, principal, McConnell & Associates Consulting, former executive director of Louisiana’s Office of Entertainment Industry Development.
- Danny Bigel, CEO and cofounder of The Online Incentives Exchange
- John Munsell, CEO and cofounder of Bizzuka, Inc.
- Ron Bienvenu, CEO of the Louisiana Buyout Fund
- Richard Matheny, partner, Phelps Dunbar LLP in Baton Rouge
- Heath Williams, director of Digital Media and Software Incentive Program for Louisiana Entertainment
To learn more about the Symposium or to register for the event, click here.