Every year, SXSW attracts a , “unique convergence of original music, independent films, and emerging technologies.” This year the conference and festival will run from March 8th to 17th, 2013. On March 10th, the HATCH Startup Pitch will take place.
HATCH is looking for 12 revolutionary startups to pitch in front of a panel and interactive audience in March. This year’s panelists include John Frankel, ff Venture Capital; Nicole Glaros, TechStars; Rahul Sood, Bing Fund; Marc Weiser, RPM Ventures; and Joel Yarmon,Draper Associates.
Prizes include: hosting services, investor meetings, media exposure, office space, consultations, and mentoring.
The application process is free and open to startups now. The deadline has been extended to February 4th, five days past the original date. Finalists will be selected in mid February and then the one on one coaching for the pitch competition will begin.
- Pitch at SXSW – Finalists will have approximately 4 minutes to pitch their revolutionary startup to a panel of experts and an influential audience. They will also field probing questions from judges on their product, market, business model, and more.
- Coaching – An experienced coach will provide one-on-one mentoring to selected participants prior to SXSW, assisting finalists in preparing for the competition.
- Education – Each finalist will receive access to online education to assist them in hatching their business plans and ensuring the best possible presentation at SXSW.
Reasons To Apply
- Focused exposure to investors and industry leaders as part of the judging & coaching process.
- Exposure to the tech savvy SXSW audience at an official SXSW event.
- Photo and interview opportunities with the attending press.
- Outstanding prizes.