Ruby on Rails and iPhone Development company, Flatstack, with offices in both New Orleans and Russia, is hosting a customer conference this week with Launch Pad starting tomorrow, February 21st, 2013. Clients from around the world are coming to New Orleans for this invite-only, two day conference to join a number of the startup candidates for the Launch Pad Spring 2013 Class.
Chris Schultz, dubbed the “New Orleans IT King” on the Flatstack website, said the conference will focus on, “how we can continue to work better with our clients, discussions of processes, best practices, motivation and ownership.” He said they are also going to focus on the other parts of building a company, including parts Flatstack does not generally focus on.
Schultz said, “we believe this holistic approach to understanding our clients companies and helping them connect with great mentors who can impact their business allows us to offer value to our clients in a whole new way.”
The conference is meant to be intimate, limited to 20 attendees, and early registration (for those invited) is now open.
- Shipping your Minimum Viable Product
- Decomposing a Product Roadmap and Writing Effective User Stories
- Running a Virtual Daily Scrum Meeting
- Best Practices: Lessons from 75+ Flatstack Clients
- Customer Acquisition: SEO/SEM/Viral
- Customer Development – Getting Out of the Building
- Fundraising – Lessons from a Seed Round
A few of Launch Pad’s great mentors will be in attendance to cover a few of the topics listed above.
- Brandon Herring – 17 Feet
- Anne Driscoll – Ning, Google
- John Barnette – GitHub, Audiosocket
- Richard Mumby – RPM & Co, Bonobos, Gilt Group
Flatstack has organized the event so you can fly in Thursday morning and out Friday night if needed. The team said social events have been planned for those staying through the weekend.
- Thursday, February 21, 2013
- Noon – Opening Lunch
- 1:00 – 6:00 pm – Conference Sessions led by Mentors & Flatstack Clients
- 6:00 pm – Happy Hour at Capdeville
- 8:00 pm – Group New Orleans-style dinner
- Friday, February 22, 2013
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm – Unconference format and one-on-one Mentor Sessions
Schultz said the Flatstack team is excited to host everyone in New Orleans. He said they will be continuing to post updates so follow Flatstack on Twitter!