Launch Fest, a New Orleans startup conference and demo day will take place on Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 before Jazz Fest. The event features practical advice from founders who want to inspire the next generation.
Tickets to the Fest include lunch, a beer and wine reception, a t-shirt, an opportunity to network with amazing people, and an invitation to BarreFest.
The third annual Launch Fest impact report was released last May. Seven companies pitched for the first time last year. After twelve weeks of hard work, the outcome of the Launch Pad Ignition class was significant. 15 founders, 37 mentors, 15 presentations, 1895 emails and a whole lot more were part of the three-month period.
Although the accelerator program is no longer active in the way it used to be, Launch Pad is still supporting local entrepreneurs and innovators. We can expect many of the Launch Pad companies to pitch at Launch Fest in addition to an entrepreneur pitch session where audience members can participate for a chance to win Jazz Fest tickets. Stun gun case company Yellow Jacket won the tickets last year.
- Alexis Ohanian – Reddit and Y Combinator
- Patrick Comer – Federated Sample
- Ryan Delk – Gumroad
- Dick Talens – Fitocracy
- Paul Singh – 500 Startups, Dashboard.io
- Steve Schlafman – Lerer Ventures
- Taylor Davidson – kbs+ Ventures
- Blair Garrou – DFJ Mercury
- 9:30-10am – Registration
- 10-11:45 – Conference sessions by speakers
- Noon-1 – Investor Lunch – Angel Investing 101 (Invite only)
- Noon-1 – Lunch – Entrepreneur pitch session for Jazz Fest tickets
- 1-2:30 – Launch Pad company pitches
- 2:30-3:30 – Reception
- 3:30 – Jazz Fest
We’d like to thank our April sponsor: Search Influence. Want to be a sponsor? Email Julia@SiliconBayouNews.com!