The daylong marketing seminar GrowNOLA, coordinated by RPM & CO, held its inaugural event last Thursday, April 4th, at NOLA Spaces. Attendees heard from industry experts through a series of presentations about the tools they need to grow businesses.
“New Orleans is home to many beloved local businesses with a rich history, as well as a new generation of start-up companies,” said Richard Mumby, founder of RPM & CO. “For both of these groups, more customers and more sales mean more local jobs and a stronger local economy.”
Speakers shared insights into brand identity, marketing strategies, and online business planning. Below are links to all the presentations from GrowNOLA (note: you may need to download Dropbox to view some of the presentations):
- Richard Mumby, RPM & CO: Strategic Planning for Effective Customer Marketing; Targeting Your Audience; and Setting a Course, Tracking Results and Maximizing Impact
- Blake Haney, Canary Collective: Brand Identity: Design the Bumper Sticker First
- John Deveney, Deveney Communications: New Media vs. Traditional; PR: What’s Right for Your Business?
- McKenzie Coco, FSC Interactive: Get Social
- Michael Mothner, Wpromote: Demand Creation
- Chris Schultz, Launch Pad: Launching a Product: Don’t Fall Victim to the Field of Dreams Gap
- Gerard Cox, Second Line: Scaling Your Business: Amplify Distribution Through Partnerships and Open Platforms
“New Orleans is taking a holistic approach to preparing our businesses for the demands of the global economy. We have to keep them healthy, happy and here,” said Rodrick Miller, President and CEO of the New Orleans Business Alliance.
GrowNOLA is expected to reoccur at least annually, perhaps even twice a year because the need for the marketing seminar proved to be high. For more information follow @RPMUMBY on Twitter.
We’d like to thank our April sponsor: Search Influence. Want to be a sponsor? Email Julia@SiliconBayouNews.com!