GROW Conference is Canada’s leading tech conference, highlighting the intersection of design and entrepreneurial thinking. The event expects to bring in over 1,200 for its 4th annual event August 14 to 16th, 2013 in Vancouver. GROW 2013 focuses on the future of businesses, connecting entrepreneurs to potential investors, co-founders and mentors.
Organizers have specifically reached out to the New Orleans and want us representing our tech companies and startups at GROW and even given us our very own registration link.
Below is the full list of GROW events:
Geeks on Rails – August 13, 2013
- The train will travel from Portland to Seattle and end in Vancouver
- Many of the GROW speakers will be on board
- Register here
GROW Day 1:
Design, Build, Grow – August 14, 2013
- Industry experts explore tactical side of designing, building and growing web/mobile products.
- For teams obsessively designing, testing and measuring the growth / profitability of their web/mobile products.
- Target Audience: Designers, developers, and product/marketing managers.
House Party @ GROW – August 14, 2013
- GROW is taking over bars and restaurants in the historic Gastown area for the night
- House Party @ GROW is a first-of-its-kind, multi-venue event
- Goal is to showcase best tech hubs from around the world, think “Olympics for entrepreneurs”.
GROW Day 2:
The Intersection of Design and Entrepreneurial Thinking – August 15, 2013
- Founders/thought leaders explore how tech, design thinking, other trends shaping future of business.
- Lessons from successful pioneers who’ve made their mistakes and are willing to share
- This is how we learn.
- Target Audience: Founders, corporate executives, investors, marketers, press, creatives, business development.
GROW After Party – August 15, 2013
- Official After Party at Club Five Sixty
- There is talk of a battle of the VC DJs (more information to come)
GROW Day 3:
Outdoor Adventure – August 16, 2013
- Experience the best of outdoor adventure in Vancouver
- Locals will take you kite-boarding, hiking, cycling, mountain biking and kayaking
GROW has secured a large list of top talent to speak including: Daniel Burka, Google Ventures; Phil Fernandez, Marketo; Chris Larsen, OpenCoin; Don Mattrick, Microsoft; Josh Reich, Simple; Robert Scoble, Rackspace; Jon Crawford, Storenvy; Josh Elman, Greylock; Nir Eyal, NirAndFar.com; Don A. Mattrick, Microsoft; Rand Fishkin, Moz; Jake Knapp, Google Ventures; Ellen McGrit, Fast Company; David Robinson, YouSendIt; Danny Robinson, Perch; Raj Singh, Tempo Al; Pablos Holman, The Intellectual Ventures Lab; Jef Holove, Basis; Munaj Shah, Charles River Ventures; Greg Tseng, Tagged; Will Young, Zappos; and many more.
In addition to the startups and entrepreneurs at GROW, over 20 investors will be in attendance throughout the week, including: Charles River Ventures, Greycroft, Relay, Freestyle and Canaan.
SBN talked to the GROW Organizers and we’ve secured a discount for our readers. Register here.
More information about GROW is available at www.growconf.com.