Capital Pitch is a private event held in partnership with New Orleans BioInnovation Center (NOBIC), The New Orleans Startup Fund, Launch Pad, The South Coast Angel Fund, Abstraction Ventures and The Idea Village. It will take place tomorrow, October 3rd, from 4:00 to 6:00 PM at NOBIC.
Five high-growth companies will have the chance to pitch in front of a room of potential investors and members of the local entrepreneurial ecosystem, with an opportunity to meet afterwards. Each company will have eight minutes to pitch.
Jimmy Roussel, Entrepreneur in Residence at The New Orleans Startup Fund, recognizes that with New Orleans Entrepreneur Week, Launch Fest and other pitch event in the spring, there is a gap that the Startup Fund is looking to fill in the fall.
“We’re trying to create a calendar of these pitch sessions,” he continued. The event partners hope to provide a venue for the companies experiencing a natural evolution and growth to pitch.
The companies chosen had to meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high growth company (at least 10 million in 5 years)
- Actively looking to close a round of $250,000 to $1 million
- Is an investable company (ideally have a term sheet and/or some funds already raised)
The organizers received between 10 and 15 nominations from the 24 participating organizations and narrowed the companies down by choosing those that already have a round underway and are ideas that people are more likely to understand, according to Roussel.
The five companies participating in Capital Pitch are:
- Dreanie – Dreanie is a high end travel website, founded by Andrea Primeaux, for vacation property owners and the guests they serve.
- StaffInsight – Recently rebranded from Schdulist, StaffInsight is an advanced workforce management suite that helps hospitals, CFOs, managers, schedulers, doctors and nurses. President Chris Laibe will be pitching.
- Tru-SEE Systems – Bill Ellison, CEO, will pitch for Tru-SEE Systems, a company that has developed patent pending technology that resolves challenges associated with digital photographs and photo file uploads to a patient’s electronic health record (EHR).
- Direct Diagnostics – The company manufactures low-cost point-of-care diagnostic devices. CEO Theo Brown will be pitching tomorrow.
- Munivestor – Founded by Damon burns, Munivestor is a web service that presents economic and financial data and news stories on bond-issuing government agencies to aid research by investors in municipal bonds.
If you’re an investor interested in attending, please contact Candice Black at email@example.com.