New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW), produced by The Idea Village and presented by IBERIABANK, is the festival that celebrates entrepreneurship, innovation, and advanced thinking in the Crescent City.
121 of the most innovative entrepreneurial ventures from the area were showcased–up from 63 startups last year–and 81% were new to NOEW. From March 20-27, 2015, 86 events were held in partnership with 43 local and national organizations.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu said, “Entrepreneurship and economic growth are vital to the future of New Orleans, and we have been consistently recognized as one of the best cities in America for entrepreneurs. So, I am pleased that New Orleans Entrepreneur Week has solidified its position on our annual cultural calendar, alongside events such as Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest.”
Highlights of NOEW 2015 are below:
- A record number of national investors attended NOEW 2015.
- Twenty-nine entrepreneurs were invited to present to 112 national and local investors at five private events.
- Forty-three organizations leveraged the NOEW 2015 platform.
- 16+ national thought leaders spoke at NOEW 2015.
- 30 entrepreneurs collectively won over $243,000 in cash and in-kind resources.
- NOEW was recognized as a leading entrepreneurship event in the South through a partnership with the Delta Regional Authority.
- Core funding support for NOEW comes from The IV 100, a group of forward thinking corporations, foundation, and individuals.