Baker Donelson will be hosting a cybersecurity forum on August 20 and 21 at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta. “Securing Your Future: Staying Ahead of Developments in Cybersecurity” is scheduled as part of the firm’s Israel and the American South Initiative, dedicated to strengthening ties between Israel and America’s fastest growing economic region.
The forum marks the first event in Baker Donelson’s Global Initiatives is a series of forums and dialogue programs aimed at bolstering trade and investment opportunities between foreign countries and the American South.
The firm says the event will combine practical, actionable sessions on issues affecting cybersecurity as leading cybersecurity experts from Israeli and U.S. governments, business and academia discuss how to stay ahead of cyber threats and the challenges facing various industry sectors, such as technology, advanced manufacturing, healthcare, logistics and energy.
“As cybersecurity threats become increasingly more common and complex, businesses and governments globally are responding by trying to improve their defense infrastructure.”
The full schedule of the forum is below:
Day One: Defending the Grid
- Cybersecurity: A U.S. and Israeli National Security Perspective
- Defending the Grid: Latest Threats and How They Can Be Avoided
- U.S. Federal Policy and Cybersecurity Regulation: What Cybersecurity Legislation Means for Your Business
- Cybersecurity Vision for Israel’s Future
- The Role of State Governments in Cybersecurity
- Achieving Energy Delivery Systems Cybersecurity: Israeli and U.S. Approaches
- The Human Dimension: Combating Insider Threats of Cybersecurity through Collaboration
Day Two: All for One and One for All
- A Team Sport: University-Industry-Government Collaboration in Securing Cyberspace
- Work-Ready? What Employers Are Looking For and What Universities Deliver in Cybersecurity
- Fighting Hack Attacks and Data Breaches: A Booming Climate for Investors
- Cybersecurity Case Studies: Success Stories in Collaboration
- Strengthening the U.S.-Israeli Partnership through Binational Investment in Cybersecurity Technology
To register, visit the forum’s website at cybercon.us.