TechCrunch has decided to come back to New Orleans for another TC Meetup + Pitch-Off tonight (October 8) in conjunction with NOLATech Week at the Jazz Market on OC Haley.
While originally searching for 10 startups, TechCrunch has narrowed it down to seven that will have sixty seconds to pitch their ideas and companies to a live audience and a panel expert judges.
Meet the startups below:
- CityKey – an illustrated emoji keyboard app full of New Orleans designs
- Echo – a mobile app that lets users rediscover, share, and connect with their musical past and the musical past of others.
- Fantastic Casket – a company providing funeral consultation with a focus on remembering the characteristics, soul and spirit of deceased loved one
- Locally – an online platform for discovering products and brands to then locate in stores near you
- Meusu – a platform that provide individuals a way to take their unwanted task and chores, and turn them into income opportunities for members of their community
- Pupular – a social networking app that helps dog owners connect and meet for playdates.
- ThatSoundsCool – a platform for anyone with interesting skills/knowledge to create custom experiences to market to individuals and groups
Pitches will be followed up with a brief question and answer session to determine the winner.
Judges include: Jon Atkinson, director of Loyola University’s Center for Entrepreneurship; Colin Grussing, co-founder of 52businesses; Leslie Jacobs, CEO of the New Orleans Startup Fund; Gerard Ramos, founder of development shop Revelry; and Chris Reade, president at LookFar, an idea acceleration company.
First place winner will get a table in Startup Alley at the next TC Disrupt conference, second place winner will receive two tickets to the same conference, and the Audience Choice winner will receive one ticket.
Get your tickets to the event here.