Objective Medical Systems (OMS) is a Houma-based health information technology company that focuses on cardiology software solutions for cardiology departments and practices throughout the country.
The company has announced its partnership with White Plume Technologies that will streamline how cardiology practices enter, capture, and report data. White Plume Technologies develops solutions that help physicians eliminate major information processing barriers through technology.
“This collaboration delivers powerfully simple information management to cardiologists and their clinics through a hybrid electronic health record (EHR) system that can be utilized simultaneously for charge capture,” states a release from the companies.
White Plum Technologies has a number of products that accelerate the charge capture and coding process, such as AccelaCapture™ and AccelaSmart™.
“OMS works closely with White Plume to capture and deliver the charges without sacrificing user experience of the EHR and physician productivity.”
Additional information provided by OMS reveals the key highlights of the integrated solution:
- OMS EHR provides a user-friendly drag-and-drop functionality wherein physicians can easily sort their diagnosis in the order of priority. This functionality is integral to the problem list documentation for the visit. OMS EHR supports prioritization up to 20 diagnoses.
- Maximizes physician productivity by streamlining diagnosis selection.
- OMS EHR guides the provider to choose the type and level of a patient visit prior to signing off on the visit. This ensures that all visits are appropriately coded upstream in the workflow. This eliminates ambiguity for coders and billers downstream as they finalize the superbill for the patient and also eliminates any leakage in revenue.
- There are no third party systems or interfaces that the Physician needs to log into which disrupts the patient encounter workflow. Charge ticket is transmitted to White Plume AccelaCapture™ as soon as the visit note is finalized.
- No more paper-based super bills and associated document management activities
- OMS EHR is complaint to ICD-10
- OMS EHR provides flexibility to the providers to retransmit the charges if required.
- Cardiovascular practices leverage diagnostic studies extensively. OMS EHR provides a seamless solution for technologists and nursing staff to enter charges for diagnostic studies and ancillary services right from within OMS EHR.
- Single Sign-on functionality within OMS EHR ensures that enterprise user security for charge capture process is leveraged.
- AccelaSMART ensures an extremely efficient revenue cycle by ensuring coders and biller are able to review and validate the superbill within hours of the conclusion of the patient encounter.