Collision is the fastest growing technology conference in America and it’s headed to New Orleans at the end of the month. From April 26-28, in the middle of both Jazz Fest weekends, upwards of 10,000 people from around the world will gather for an action-packed schedule of speakers, networking events, and even a huge bar crawl.
Attendees include CEOs of both the world’s fastest growing startups and the world’s largest companies, alongside leading investors and media.
Collision organizers just shared five big updates:
- Attendee App: You can now chat to attendees, speakers, media, investors and more using our attendee app. Make sure your profile is filled out so attendees and speakers can find you.
- Pub Crawls: Bono led our first pub crawl in Dublin and Uber CEO Travis Kalanick met some of his investors on one. From today you can sign up for our night of pub crawls in New Orleans.
- Schedule is Live: It’s now live. As we announce more speakers, they’ll be automatically added.
- Updated Attendee List: We’ve added another 1,000 attendees from around the world, including a few CMOs, CIOs and CTOs of America’s leading companies.
- Hotels: If the hotels section indicates that rooms are sold out, wait an hour and hit refresh. We’re working hard behind the scenes. Jazz Fest attracts over 100,000 folks to New Orleans over 10 days, so it puts a big strain on hotels. Be patient, or try Airbnb.
Paddy Cosgrave, CEO of Collision, Web Summit, and other events, says there will be much more announced next week as the conference gets closer.
“If I hadn’t met Chris, I don’t think Collision would’ve ever moved here,” shared Cosgrave, referring to Chris Schultz, founder of Launch Pad, among other things.
A highlight of Collision with be Launch Pad PITCH competition, hosted by Launch Pad and partners. They are inviting the top startups from Birmingham, Buffalo, Charleston, Nashville, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Raleigh-Durham, New Orleans and San Antonio to compete in a March Madness-inspired bracket for the chance to be named Best Startup at Collision.