Tech Talent South (TTS) is a tech education company based in the Southern United States with offices in cities such as New Orleans. They began offering eight-week coding bootcamps and have since expanded to offering full-time code immersions programs, workshops, and other events.
TTS campuses can also be found in Asheville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Phoenix, Winston-Salem and Raleigh.
The company is currently hiring a Community Organizer in New Orleans to manage multiple aspects of the growing organization.
“TTS truly values community and fostering a strong ecosystem through dynamic and collaborative educational and networking events that bring together local startup/tech companies and local professionals,” states the company.
Find out more about the position and how to apply below.
Understanding Your Role:
As Community Organizer, you are responsible for the student experience in the classroom and beyond. In addition, there will be various marketing, design, and technical tasks assigned to you that may or may not be exclusive to your market.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and organize pre-course events and workshops
- Attend community events related to the industry (i.e., happy hours, panels, presentations)
- Own local marketing efforts (get our name out there!)
- Manage all aspects of the program that relate to the students, instruction, and extracurricular activities
- Coordinate and organize the free Kids Code Program
- Lead recruitment efforts in your city’s market
As a TTS team member, you also will:
- actively participate and contribute to weekly team calls
- openly communicate your goals, ideas, and needs for your campus
- track your task progress on team management tool, Asana
- take on occasional side projects that may or may not be exclusive to your campus.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is a serious self-starter (you’ll be the point-person and face of your campus)
- Teamwork makes the dream work, right?! We have a small, but awesome team; and working together is crucial!
- An event planning, marketing, PR, or tech background is a A+++ (but not mandatory)
- Hustle and ‘make it happen’ attitudes make us smile.
To apply, contact Melissa Nemec at firstname.lastname@example.org