VetLaunch is a non-profit organization devoted to providing resources to veterans that will help them effectively make the change from military to civilian life. The organization runs the VetLaunch Business Accelerator, designed specifically for veterans with entrepreneurial ventures.
The Accelerator is now taking applications for its Spring 2017 Cohort, a free of charge program for military veterans and the spouses of veterans. It covers topics such as how to start a business, choose a legal structure, decipher accounting requirements, marketing, social media, and raising capital.
Qualifying entrepreneurs must:
- Have served or currently be serving in the U.S. armed forces, or the spouse of a veteran or military member,
- Have a business that will be organized as a for-profit,
- Be located in the Greater New Orleans region,
- Have no more than five full-time employees, and
- Be willing to commit the time for all of the EIR and cohort meetings.
Accelerator participants will have a chance to showcase their businesses at a pitch event during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week. The winner will receive a prize package valued at $25,000 including startup capital, pro bono services, space at the coworking space Landing Zone, which is home to VetLaunch, and more.