Since launching in 2011, Silicon Bayou News has been highlighting and supporting entrepreneurs and the creative communities throughout Louisiana. For the last five years we have hosted the Silicon Bayou Startup Showcase to give people a hands-on experience getting to know the companies and entrepreneurs that make the entrepreneurial ecosystem in New Orleans so great.
Eight startups have been selected to participate. Meet the 2018 Silicon Bayou Startup Showcase companies:
- 3D Media builds fully immersive and interactive virtual reality training simulators for oil and gas companies.
- Cafe-ERGO is a hand use specific coffee/tea cup that is ergonomic and better for your hands than a traditional handled cup.
- Cyphtr measures influence and chemistry and helps you find your people. The company likens themselves to a Rotten Tomatoes business card for social media, showcasing handles and preferred contact info.
- Digital Cargo Management, creators of Dig Cargo, is a New Orleans based technology company focused on building innovative technology products and creating long-term value for the freight industry.
- DPO NOLA is a data security consulting group, focused on helping small- and medium-sized businesses get compliant and stay compliant with the new digital data privacy laws in Europe and California.
- Gilded is creating tools to simplify the accounting process for businesses that use cryptocurrency.
- Stilio is an online marketplace for real estate photography. The company serves a nationwide audience of Realtors and photographers.
- Strategic Response Group is an intelligence-based consulting firm specializing in risk mitigation, threat solutions, and readiness training.
RSVP for the Startup Showcase here.