The Entrepreneurial Accelerator Program (EAP) in North Louisiana was created to diversify the regional economy, create jobs, and expand the area’s tax base by providing services to innovative startups that have high growth potential.
Earlier this month, EAP celebrated its sixth anniversary of providing services to help build sustainable and profitable businesses in the region. Over the years, EAP has vetted over 1,060 ideas and aided in funding 93 of them, helping to bring $103 million in new capital to the area.
EAP has a Wall of Entrepreneurial Achievement where the organization celebrates its portfolio companies that have successfully launched or are in the process of launching. Ten new businesses were recently added to the wall, bringing the total up to 44 startups highlighted.
“North Louisiana entrepreneurs were truly innovative as they met the challenges head on that this year has brought,” shared Dave Smith, executive director of EAP.
Services provided to the startups include modeling, financial and market analysis, and other coaching and mentorship.
“This year’s companies, ranging from tech to life sciences and the food and hospitality industry, are to be congratulated for not only launching but also for navigating the challenges posed by COVID-19 on individuals and businesses,” said Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards.
The 10 new startups recognized on the Wall of Entrepreneurial Achievement include:
- Bishop – Custom 3D printed knee braces
- Streetcar Snoballs – Authentic New Orleans-style snoball food trailer
- Louisiana Catalyst – Shared workspace and business incubator program serving North Louisiana
- Scriptagram – Patient training software for orthodontists and dental providers
- Dealer Dominators – Virtual car buying advisors
- 2BGreen – Plastic recycling facility
- Ben’s Body Basics – Natural skincare products
- Two Warriors Meadery – Louisiana’s first mead (honey-wine) producer
- STREAM Aquaponics – Hydroponic and aquaculture systems for education institutions
- Farmington Research- Cannabis technology company