New Orleans-based The Idea Village is an entrepreneur support organization that runs multiple accelerator programs, produces New Orleans Entrepreneur Week, and hosts a recurring series of business-focused content for the greater community.
The nonprofit has announced the nine ventures selected for their current VILLAGEx accelerator program. The program is designed for emerging, tech-enabled businesses and provides the participating entrepreneurs with mentorship, tools, and education to help scale their businesses.
Over 50 startups applied to be part of the program. “We have no shortage of talent, ideas and interesting problems to solve,” shared The Idea Village CEO Jon Atkinson. “Our community is focused on developing world class resources to support entrepreneurs who choose to make New Orleans and South Louisiana home.”
Meet the nine VILLAGEx ventures:
- Bloks: Bloks provides easy custom development of mobile apps.
- BypassLines: ByPassLines is a food and retail ordering app that helps restaurants and retailers streamline pickup services and gives customers time back by allowing them to avoid lines.
- El Guapo Bitters: El Guapo Bitters offers clean labels, impeccably sourced cocktail bitters, syrups, and mixers.
- hampr: hampr is an on-demand laundry app with a subscription model that offers next-day wash/dry/fold services.
- HookM Solutions: HookM is a fishing charter management app for Captains, Guides, and Boat Owners that offers booking, scheduling, and payment services.
- Kinemagic: Kinemagic offers collaborative, evolutionary software for AR and VR experiences.
- Skilltype: Skilltype is a talent marketplace for information professionals and their teams to analyze, develop, and share expertise.
- Something Borrowed Blooms: Something Borrowed Blooms seeks to revolutionize the wedding flower industry by offering premium silk flowers to rent, saving customers up to 70% of traditional costs and offering a more sustainable product.
- Spot2Night: Spot2Night offers users the ability to find and book vacant RV camping spots that meet their needs and criteria.
For more information, visit ideavillage.org/villagex.