This year’s virtual New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW) is gearing up for a jam-packed schedule of performances focused around music, fashion, and cuisine. The Idea Village, producers of NOEW want to shine light on New Orleans’ hospitality and music industries as part of its NOEW @ Night evening events.
The NOEW @ Night schedule include:
- March 22 – NOEW @ NIGHT CULINARY EVENING – Culinary demonstration and fireside chat with Chef Nina Compton, hosted by Robin Barnes, “The Songbird of New Orleans”
- March 23 – NOEW @ NIGHT CORPORATE INNOVATION EVENING – Musical performance by Water Seed at Tipitina’s
- March 24 – NOEW @ NIGHT STARTUP COMMUNITIES EVENING – Musical performances by artists from Material Institute including Tanywey, Yung June featuring Caz, Amethyst Starr, Lucia Honey, N’IYA ALEÏA, and a runway moment by fashion designer Marlence at Music Box Village. Garments from designers in Material Institute’s Fashion and Textiles program will also be featured including pieces by, Melanie Reupke, Cherise Lockett, and Lorenzo Duarte
- March 25 – NOEW @ NIGHT ADVANCING BLACK PATHWAYS EVENING – Musical performance by GLBL WRMNG at Tipitina’s
- March 26 – IDEApitch – DJ Raj Smoove will close out IDEApitch, the finale of NOEW that features a live, high-stakes pitch competition
“Though this year’s events will be virtual, NOEW is creatively finding ways to support the entrepreneurial talent of our city,” said Brenna Kane, COO of The Idea Village. “Attendees can expect to not only have the chance to learn valuable insights from innovative leaders in our community, but also have a lot of fun while they’re at it.”
The entire NOEW schedule is also now live and available here. There will be over 60 sessions at the now globally-accessible conference designed to celebrate the city’s entrepreneurial spirit and activity. The 2021 New Orleans Entrepreneur Week themes include community resilience, future-proofing New Orleans, creating equitable systems, New Orleans’ cultural and entrepreneurial landscape, the region’s startup community, and more.