Content below provided by The Idea Village.
Tomorrow, May 12, The Idea Village is hosting Demo Day, the culmination of VILLAGEx, their flagship accelerator program for emerging, technology-enabled ventures. This year’s VILLAGEx accelerator began in January and has provided intensive mentorship, resources, and education from industry leaders to help entrepreneurs scale their businesses.
Demo Day will feature pitches from the founders who were selected to be in the current VILLAGEx cohort. “Every year, Demo Day gives us the chance to celebrate and showcase some of the incredible companies being built in our region. Last year’s event was virtual due to COVID-19, and this year we’re excited to return to the original format of Demo Day and welcome the community to attend in person,” says Brenna Kane, COO of The Idea Village.
The event located has been moved due to weather and is now taking place in the warehouse at the Contemporary Arts Center from 5:00 – 7:30pm.
The participating founders have created scalable startups in the Louisiana region and represent hope and resiliency in the wake of an unprecedented and challenging year for businesses and people alike. The startups that will be featured at Demo Day are:
- Bloks: Bloks provides easy custom development of mobile apps.
- BypassLines: Bypasslines is a venue specific ordering system that allows consumers to see onsite food and retail merchants all in one place to order, pay, pickup or have in-seat delivery.
- El Guapo Bitters: El Guapo Bitters offers clean labels, impeccably sourced cocktail bitters, syrups, and mixers.
- hampr: hampr is an on-demand laundry app with a subscription model that offers next-day wash/dry/fold services.
- HookM Solutions: HookM is a fishing charter management app for Captains, Guides, and Boat Owners that offers booking, scheduling, and payment services.
- Kinemagic: Kinemagic offers collaborative, evolutionary software for AR and VR experiences.
- Something Borrowed Blooms: Something Borrowed Blooms seeks to revolutionize the wedding flower industry by offering premium silk flowers to rent, saving customers up to 70% of traditional costs and offering a more sustainable product.
- Spot2Night: Spot2Night offers users the ability to find and book vacant RV camping spots that meet their needs and criteria.
Demo Day is free but space is limited, and attendees are encouraged to RSVP as soon as possible by visiting www.ideavillage.org/demoday21.